Skrill Online Casinos NZ
Skrill is a payment method that is available at most online casinos. This payment service, formerly known as Moneybookers, is primarily an e-wallet. However, they also provide other payment processing services.
In contrast to Skrill Rapid Transfer, which is a solution for a direct bank transfer, Skrill 1-Tap enables users to pay using their normal payment cards without first depositing into the e-wallet account. Because 1-Tap and Rapid Transfer are not yet options that all casinos have integrated into their payment offerings, the e-wallet remains the most popular method.
What Is Skrill?
Skrill ranks among the top e-wallet payment solutions for online gamblers not only in New Zealand but worldwide. This digital wallet started operations in 2001 and accepts multiple currencies. The company first started as Moneybookers, but later rebranded to Skrill in September 2011.
Skrill now offers its services to customers in 130+ countries including New Zealand. However, its headquarters are in London under Paysafe Holdings UK Ltd.
For its services, the company has scooped several awards along the way, further solidifying its position in digital payment solutions. Opening an account is simple and fast, and afterward, you can fund your account using several methods including using credit/debit cards. The e-wallet boasts a crypto wallet, which is convenient for crypto fans. There’s an app as well for players on the move and all transactions are secured using the latest security protocols.
How to Deposit With Skrill at Online Casinos
Depositing funds using Skrill is rather simple and fast at your preferred online casino. Once you create your Skrill and casino account, follow the steps below to complete your deposit.
- First, navigate to the site’s banking page and choose Skrill from the list of funding methods.
- Enter the email address you used to open your Skrill account. You’ll also need to enter the amount you wish to deposit.
- The casino will then transfer you to Skrill’s checkout page. You’ll then need to authenticate and authorize the transaction using your password. Soon after, the funds will be available in your casino account and you can start playing your favourite games.
- You can also use the 1-Tap solution if you don’t have enough funds in your wallet. The casino will deduct funds from the connected card instead of the wallet. Some casinos have a separate payment method for the 1-Tap solution, allowing you to make direct deposits using your usual payment card. In this case, Skrill is only a payment gateway.
⭐ Transaction Time
Skrill deposits are usually instant although you can expect some delays which don’t often take more than a few minutes. Apart from internal Skrill systems, the transaction time could also vary based on the casino’s processing speed.
⭐ Fees & Other Deposit Charges
Note that Skrill doesn’t charge players when depositing funds at any online casino. It also doesn’t charge any fees when receiving funds into e-wallets when there’s no currency conversion required. If there’s a currency conversion required, Skrill charges a foreign exchange fee of up to 4.99% of the amount in question. A 1.5% foreign exchange rate will apply in the case you use crypto services.
How to Withdraw With Skrill at NZ Online Casinos
One of the reasons players prefer Skrill as a payment method is that casinos list it as a cashout option. Once you’re ready to withdraw your winnings, follow these simple steps to cash out.
- Log in to your account and navigate to the banking/cashier page and choose Skrill as the preferred withdrawal method.
- Enter the exact amount you intend to cash out and submit your request to initiate the process.
- The funds will be available in your e-wallet within 2 days depending on your casino’s processing times.
Keep in mind that you may have to verify your account before proceeding with the withdrawal process. We discuss the KYC (Know Your Customer) process in detail later on this page.
⭐ Casino Processing Times
Casino processing times vary from one site to another and this affects the overall timeline of when you’ll receive your winnings. Usually, the standard processing time is 24 hours although some casinos take up to 72 hours to process withdrawal requests.
⭐ Transaction Times
Skrill transaction times are often instant after the casino approves your withdrawal request. This is often the standard transaction time.
⭐ Fees & Other Withdrawal Charges
Normally, there are no fees incurred when using Skrill at online casinos. However, some casinos may impose certain fees when withdrawing funds. Usually, these fees are a fixed percentage of the withdrawal amount, which is often between 1% and 2%. But then the top Skrill online casinos will cover these fees so that players receive the exact amount requested. With that in mind, we recommend checking the terms and conditions page to avoid surprises.
Advantages of Skrill
- Security and privacy: Skrill uses cutting-edge security measures, such as 2FA and the most advanced encryption protocols, to ensure the security of your transactions.
- Fast and simple to use: It’s easy to create a Skrill account and top it up because all you need is an email address. It is also simple to use the wallet since all you need to deposit funds in your casino account is your password.
- Widely accepted at online casinos: This e-wallet is one of the most popular options for gambling transactions. It’s common in NZ online casinos, making it simple to locate a casino that accepts Skrill.
- Instant transactions: Skrill deposits to online casino accounts are instant. Funding your Skrill account with your bank account is also instant. This is convenient for real money players because they can begin playing their favourite games right away.
- Multiple currencies accepted: You can choose from 40+ currencies when using Skrill. That includes crypto and NZD. There’s also a handy feature that allows you to convert from one currency to another at a low fee.
Disadvantages Using Skrill
- Exclusions from deposit bonuses: One of the main drawbacks of using this e-wallet is depositors are frequently excluded from certain bonuses at online casinos. It is therefore critical to read the promotion terms before depositing with Skrill.
- Clouded fees: You may incur certain fees either for transaction or conversions when using Skrill. This may be perplexing to new players.
- Transaction limits: This e-wallet has lower transaction limits than some of its competitors. High rollers will find this inconvenient when depositing and withdrawing large amounts of money at once.
How We Choose the Best Skrill Casinos
Finding the best NZ Skrill casinos can be a daunting task if you don’t know what to look out for. In this section, we take you through the criteria used to curate our list of the top Skrill casinos.
⭐ Payment Security
For us to recommend an operator as one of the best Skrill online casinos in New Zealand, the site must be able to handle transactions in New Zealand dollars. In addition to that, we expect that the site has put in place several measures to secure players’ financial data.
⭐ Skrill Fees
Low-to-zero transaction fees is another aspect we consider when choosing the best Skrill casinos. This applies to the fees charged by either Skrill or the casino when depositing or withdrawing funds.
⭐ Skrill Transaction time
Whether you’re withdrawing or depositing funds, you want the transactions to happen as fast as possible. With Skrill deposits are instant as are withdrawals after the casino’s processing period.
⭐ Minimum & Maximum Deposit Limit
When compared to the likes of bank transfers and Visa/MasterCard, Skrill has rather low maximum deposit limits, especially for high rollers. However, the minimum deposit amount is just about the same as other options.
⭐ Skrill Withdrawal Processing Time
As mentioned earlier, casinos have varying processing times when it comes to withdrawals. You want to go for Skrill Casinos which take 24 to 48 hours to complete the processing.
⭐ Game Selection
You want to go for Skrill casinos NZ which have a wide game catalogue to choose from. That includes a variety of games such as live casino, video pokies, table games, and progressive jackpots. On top of that, you also want a casino with a vast collection of slots and game providers.
⭐ Bonuses and Promotions
It doesn’t come as a surprise that bonuses and promotions are a key aspect of a player’s checklist when searching for Skrill casinos NZ. Various deals at casinos give you an opportunity to boost your bankroll and even play more games. As such, we aim to recommend casinos with a variety of quality deals. But it’s also imperative that you read through the accompanying terms and conditions.
⭐ Responsible Gambling
We understand that losses are part of the game and that it’s possible to fall into addiction as one tries to chase the losses. Therefore, we always recommend online casinos that offer players an opportunity to learn more about responsible gambling. That also includes ways to find help should you fall into problem gambling.
⭐ Licensing Authority
Licensing and regulation are key when it comes to online gambling. The different casinos that accept Skrill on our site have licenses from various regulators including MGA (Malta Gaming Authority). This shows the casino has undergone certain checks to ensure it’s legit.
Picking a Safe Skrill Casino
When choosing safe online casinos that accept Skrill, you need to check a multitude of factors to ensure your financial and personal data is secured. With that in mind, we have a list of the most important factors you need to check to get to a suitable gambling site.
- Check that the site has a license from a renowned regulatory authority such as MGA
- Ensure the casino has put in place measures to protect crucial player data. That includes SSL encryption.
- Check that the operator has third-party certification from auditing firms such as eCOGRA and iTechLabs.
- Does the casino have an array of bonuses and promotions?
- Are the bonus terms fair enough to allow you to cash out your winnings?
- Does the casino offer safe payment methods?
- Are the general terms and conditions favourable for all users?
Verifying Skrill at Online Casinos
Almost all Skrill online casinos require players to undergo a verification procedure (KYC). in most instances, these casinos need you to take a screenshot of your wallet showing your name and email address. In other cases, the email address connected to the wallet must be the same one you used when creating your casino account.
Note that Skrill will require a separate verification. The two main aspects required are your address and ID. For the former, a bank statement or utility bill not older than 3 months will suffice. A government-issued document such as a passport or identification card is enough for the latter.
Keep in mind that you may need to verify the ownership of the payment method used to fund your Skrill account. Some of the options you can use to fund your account include bank transfers, credit/debit cards, and cryptocurrencies.
Skrill Casino Bonuses
Bonuses and promotions form a crucial part of any top online casino. This section almost always informs the final decision of any gambler looking to join a particular site. Having said that, this is where most e-wallet deposits have major drawbacks.
Most online casinos restrict players using Skrill or other e-wallets such as Neteller from claiming bonuses. Welcome bonuses are the most affected by this ban and that’s intended to prevent fraud. Over the past years, many bonus abusers targeted Skrill online casinos. But this is no longer the case, at least not to the same degree. Still, many casinos ban players from triggering a welcome bonus when using e-wallets.
With this in mind, it’s worth stating that some online casinos still allow players to claim welcome bonuses with virtual wallets. No deposit bonuses are quite common at these casinos not forgetting reload bonuses, free spins, and cashback deals. We also advise you to check the terms and conditions of the promotions you intend to claim.
Are Skrill Casinos Safe to Play at?
Safety when gambling is more than just how a certain payment method handles your transactions. It’s a combination of factors that are a casino’s responsibility. One such factor is licensing from a recognized regulator. Others are SSL encryption to ensure players have top-notch security and RNGs (Random Number Generators) to ensure the games produce random results. We’ve researched for you and come up with a list of the best Skrill casinos you can choose from.