PayPal Online Casinos NZ
PayPal is an e-wallet you can use to send and receive funds in New Zealand as well as other countries worldwide. On top of that, you can use the e-wallet to deposit and withdraw funds at online casinos. However, unfortunately, this option is not yet available in New Zealand.
To use PayPlay, you start by signing up for a free account. You then fund the wallet using a preferred method, such as a bank card. From there, you only need the receiver’s email address to send the funds. Alternatively, you choose PayPal when paying in an online store.
We take a closer look at how to use PayPal to pay for online services.
What Is PayPal
PayPal is an online payment method that started in 1998. Before it was known as Confinity, which was a brand that dealt with software security for mobile devices. However, in 1999, the company added an electronic payment system.
One year after the addition, the company merged with x.com, a company owned by Elon Musk. Later in 2001, the company changed its name to what is now known as PayPal.
The company would later go public in 2002 when it launched its first IPO. It was at this point that it was acquired by eBay. PayPal would then serve as the only payment method on the online store. However, other online merchants started incorporating this payment option. This includes online casinos.
Today, PayPal has its headquarters in San Jose, California, United States with tentacles in 200+ countries. This payment method also accepts over 25 currencies and boasts over 429 million active accounts.
How to Deposit With PayPal at Online Casinos
Before getting into the details of how to deposit with PayPal at online casinos, it’s worth noting that PayPal is not an option for players in NZ. But that shouldn’t be a cause for concern since you can use PayPal to fund other payment options accepted by NZ online casinos.
Some of these options include Paysafecard, Neosurf, or a prepaid Visa gift card. Alternatively, you can buy cryptocurrencies or even transfer the funds into Neteller or Skrill. If you want to play at a Bitcoin casino, simply buy bitcoin with your PayPal funds.
Having said that, we’ll still break down the general process of funding an online casino using this e-wallet.
- Once you create a PayPal account and top it up, log into your online casino account and navigate to the cashier.
- Click on deposit and choose PayPal from the list of payment options. Enter the amount you wish to deposit and proceed to the next step.
- The casino will transfer you to PayPal’s checkout page to authorize the transaction. Enter your PayPal password and the funds will be available in your account instantly.
- You can also allow PayPal to draw funds directly from your bank account if your e-wallet balance is low.
⭐ Transaction Time
PayPal deposits are often instant but you should expect certain delays although not always. In such cases, the deposit may take a few minutes to reflect in your account. Casino transaction times also play a key role in how fast this goes.
⭐ Fees & Other Deposit Charges
There are certain fees you’ll incur when transacting with PayPal. In most cases, this is when a currency conversion is required. You’ll also incur a certain fee when sending funds from your New Zealand PayPal account to another one overseas. Sending funds from a card linked to your e-wallet attracts a 3.4% fee and a fixed $0.45.
How to Withdraw With PayPal at NZ Online Casinos
Again, casinos that accept PayPal are non-existent in NZ. However, we’ll still take you through the general withdrawal process when using this e-wallet.
- After logging in to your casino account, head to the cashier page and click on withdrawal. Choose PayPal from the list of cash-out methods.
- Enter the amount you’d like to withdraw and submit this request to start the cashout process.
- Once the casino completes its internal processes, the funds will be available in your e-wallet instantly.
Note that most online casinos require you to complete the KYC process before initiating a withdrawal request. You’ll learn how to go about the verification later on on this page.
⭐ Casino Processing Times
The casino processing time is also known as the security period. It’s the window between when you initiate a withdrawal and when the casino approves it. In most online casinos, this period is between 24 and 48 hours. Once the casino approves your withdrawal request, you’ll receive your winnings through your preferred cashout method.
⭐ Transaction Times
PayPal is known for its fast transaction times. Users can transfer funds between different accounts in an instant, making it a solid option for online gamblers.
⭐ Fees & Other Withdrawal Charges
You’ll incur certain fees when withdrawing funds from an online casino that accepts PayPal. In this case, a 3% fee is applicable on every transaction. However, some casinos cover these fees for their players.
Advantages of PayPal
- Fast transactions: Depositing or withdrawing funds using PayPal at online casinos is almost instant. This is exclusive of the casino’s processing times.
- Safe and trustworthy: Apart from SSL encryption technology, PayPal also uses 2FA and other latest security protocols to ensure all your transactions are safe.
- Multiple currencies accepted: While there may not be NZ PayPal casinos, this payment method allows users to transact using different currencies. However, you must note that there’s a conversion fee.
- Supported on mobile devices: PayPal has a dedicated mobile app you can use while on the move, making it suitable for all devices.
Disadvantages Using PayPal
- Not accepted in NZ casinos: This is the biggest disadvantage of using PayPal. You cannot use it at NZ online casinos. That means you’ll need to choose a different option to deposit and withdraw funds at gambling sites.
- Fees on different transactions: PayPal charges a certain fee for transactions, which may not bode well with players, especially if the casino doesn’t cover these fees.
- Verification is tedious: Creating and verifying your PayPal account can be a tedious and time-consuming process. However, this is all worth it since it increases your online security.
How We Choose the Best PayPal Casinos
Finding NZ PayPal casinos is impossible since they don’t exist. However, we also understand that scouring the internet trying to find a suitable online gambling site can be a frustrating task. But we have a checklist that guides us on what to look out for when choosing the best casinos in NZ.
⭐ Payment Security
The payment methods listed on the site must comply with PCI DSS regulations to ensure the transactions are safe. This is one of the aspects we consider when choosing the best PayPal casinos. Thankfully, that’s not a worry since PayPal does not require you to enter any payment details when purchasing something online.
⭐ PayPal Fees
Your preferred online casino may not charge any fees when depositing or withdrawing funds. However, PayPal is a service provider and that means you’ll incur certain charges for transactions which range from 1.9% to 3.5% of each transaction, plus a fixed fee ranging from 5 cents to 49 cents.
⭐ PayPal Transaction time
PayPal’s transaction times are one of the fastest at online casinos that accept this payment method. Beyond the casino’s processing time, you’ll receive your withdrawal within 48 hours. Deposits using PayPal are instant.
⭐ Minimum & Maximum Deposit Limit
PayPal is an e-wallet similar to Skrill and Neteller. As such expect fair minimum and maximum deposit limits starting from as low as $10. However, it’s important to state that individual casinos set deposit limits. Therefore, we recommend checking the terms before signing up.
⭐ PayPal Withdrawal Processing Time
Most online casinos that accept PayPal take between 24 and 48 hours to process withdrawals. This is one of the aspects that we consider when recommending PayPal online casinos.
⭐ Game Selection
You want to sign up for an online casino that has a variety of games to choose from. Live dealer releases, video slots, table games, and progressive jackpots are the main categories we look out for. On top of that, we also explore the different game providers represented in the lobby. Especially this is something we consider when ranking the best pokies casinos for Kiwis.
⭐ Bonuses and Promotions
Players want a shot at boosting their bankrolls regardless of their level at any online casino. With that in mind, we always recommend sites with quality bonuses and promotions as well as tournaments.
⭐ Responsible Gambling
We always advocate for responsible gambling, which is why our recommended online casinos have a page dedicated to this important aspect. The page should include information about how to avoid problem gambling and how to seek help should you find yourself battling addiction.
⭐ Licensing Authority
Is the casino licensed by a reputable regulator? This is one of the top aspects we look out for when choosing the best casinos. One of the leading regulators in the industry we can recommend is MGA (Malta Gaming Authority).
Picking a Safe PayPal Casino
We all have preferences when it comes to online gambling. And that means your casino of choice may not be among our recommendations. So, how do you pick a safe PayPal casino? We list several top pointers you should consider when searching for legitimate online casinos.
- Does the casino have a valid license from a known regulator?
- Is the site secured with SSL encryption?
- Is there evidence of certification from independent third-party auditors such as eCOGRA and iTechLabs?
- Does the site offer a list of safe and secure payment solutions?
- Are the general terms fair for customers?
- Are the bonus terms within the industry standard?
Verifying PayPal at Online Casinos
You won’t find casinos that accept PayPal in New Zealand. But at whichever casino you choose, customer verification is still a process every operator requires players to go through. This verification varies slightly from one site to another.
However, the most common method is verifying your identity, address, and payment method. Starting with your identity, you will need to furnish the casino with a government-issued document. This can be a passport, driver’s license, or ID card. To verify your address, a bank statement or a utility bill is enough.
Finally, to verify your payment method, you need to upload an image of your PayPal dashboard. This image must show your name and email address as they appear on your casino account. There are also instances where the casino may require you to prove your source of funds.
After uploading the necessary documents, the casino will then proceed to verify the documents. This process may take up to 3 business days.
PayPal Casino Bonuses
PayPal casinos NZ don’t exist but that doesn’t mean bonuses and promotions are also unavailable. It simply means there are no exclusive PayPal bonuses. However, there are several offers you can claim when playing NZ online casinos.
Welcome bonuses are the most common options and these deals are reserved for newly-registered players. You could come across a deposit match or package that includes a deposit match and free spins on a slot game.
Existing players can claim reload houses and cashbacks based on their losses. Some online casinos also have a comprehensive VIP program that rewards loyal players. These bonuses are not entirely free since you need to meet certain terms and conditions. Wagering requirements are one of the biggest terms you must meet to withdraw winnings from the respective bonuses.
Are PayPal Casinos Safe to Play at?
In general, PayPal casinos are safe to play at. But one important aspect to keep in mind is that a casino’s safety doesn’t rely on a particular payment type. Rather, several factors such as licensing, SSL encryption, independent audits by third-party companies, and RNGs.
We understand that digging into a casino to find whether it ticks these boxes can be a tough task. That’s why we have a list of recommended online casinos we have duly vetted.